Quantcast

reconfiguring errorbars

Achim Gaedke
Hello!

I'd like to plot some errorbars, removing them and again plot new ones
or just supply new coordinates.
So now I know how to draw errorbars, but I could not find a set_yerrdata
function or how to remove all the lines, returned from errorbar method.

Yours, Achim

Re: reconfiguring errorbars

John Hunter-8

    Achim> Hello!  I'd like to plot some errorbars, removing them and
    Achim> again plot new ones or just supply new coordinates.  So now
    Achim> I know how to draw errorbars, but I could not find a
    Achim> set_yerrdata function or how to remove all the lines,
    Achim> returned from errorbar method.

You can remove any line from the axes with

  ax.lines.remove(line)

errorbar returns (yline, errlines) and so if for example you want to
remove all the err lines

yline, errlines = errorbar(t, s, e, f, fmt='o')
for line in errlines:
    ax.lines.remove(line)

and then force a redraw as desired.

JDH