questions about changing coordinate position in 3D plotting

questions about changing coordinate position in 3D plotting

谢瑾博
Dear Users,
I have a question regarding the positioning of the coordinate. As you can see in this picture, the z-coordinate is on the right edge of the figure. While my need is to put it on the left edge (another face also). I wonder how this can be achieved?
yours,
Jinbo

Re: questions about changing coordinate position in 3D plotting

谢瑾博
I guess view_init is the best way, although I may need to reverse the array and the labels a bit. Thanks!
Jinbo

the mplot3d code uses a heuristic to determine which edges of the "cube" to use for axis and tick labelling. If you rotate the scene a bit, you'll find that the axis labels will move. Unfortunately, this logic is hard-coded and not very flexible at the moment. The code resides in axis3d.py, if I remember correctly.

Ben Root

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 4:10 AM 谢瑾博 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Users,
I have a question regarding the positioning of the coordinate. As you can see in this picture, the z-coordinate is on the right edge of the figure. While my need is to put it on the left edge (another face also). I wonder how this can be achieved?
yours,
Jinbo

Dr. Jinbo Xie
State Key Laboratory of Numerical Modeling for Atmospheric Sciences and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics (LASG)
Institute of Atmospheric Physics,Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel:86-10-8299-5419(o)