python connect points between different 3d plots

python connect points between different 3d plots

Maurizio De Pittà
Hi folks,
is there a way akin of patches.ConnectionPatch that also work in 3D plots: namely I would like to connect points of different 3D plots. How can I do that?

Re: python connect points between different 3d plots

Benjamin Root
Unfortunately, that is not really possible at this moment. The 3d plots do not integrate into the transform system properly, so artists such as ConnectionPatch that depend heavily on the transforms framework to accomplish their job won't work all that well. That's not to say that you couldn't use the artists, but you'll have to compute all of the projected coordinates yourself, and if the user interacted with the plot, then the connection points would have to be recomputed.

Ben Root