problem with vlines ?

Bugzilla from emsellem@obs.univ-lyon1.fr
Hi,

I am trying to use hlines and vlines but there seems to be an
"asymmetry" in these 2 commands.

==> hlines accept "fmt" as a keyword, but vlines does NOT seem to accept it.

Any reason why this is so? (I want to draw a small dashed line across
part of my plot)

thanks

Observatoire de Lyon                 [hidden email]
9 av. Charles-Andre                      tel: +33 4 78 86 83 84
69561 Saint-Genis Laval Cedex            fax: +33 4 78 86 83 86
France               http://www-obs.univ-lyon1.fr/eric.emsellem

Re: problem with vlines ?

John Hunter-8
On 9/1/05, Eric Emsellem <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to use hlines and vlines but there seems to be an
> "asymmetry" in these 2 commands.
>
> ==> hlines accept "fmt" as a keyword, but vlines does NOT seem to accept it.
>
> Any reason why this is so? (I want to draw a small dashed line across
> part of my plot)

Just a bug -- I just updated CVS to unify the hlines and vlines
arguments.  Both now take a fmt argument, as well as optional kwargs
that are passed on to Line2d.  So you can do, for example

 vlines(x, ymin, ymax, fmt='b--', linewidth=2)

and likewise for hlines
axes.py revision: 1.134 .

Thanks,
JDH