pbs displaying images when embedded in Tkinter

pbs displaying images when embedded in Tkinter

aurelien.gourrier
Hi all,

I'm having trouble displaying an image using the imshow() command in an embedded
TkinterCanvasAgg. I used mostly the examples embedding_in_tk2.py and
embedding_in_tk.py

I use two code parts : in my __init__ for the gui def I have :

   self.mplfImageDisplay = mpl.figure.Figure(figsize=(5,4), dpi=100)
   #add tk.DrawingArea
   self.cvImageDisplay =
FigureCanvasTkAgg(self.mplfImageDisplay,master=rightPaneImageDisplay)
   #self.canvas.show()
   self.cvImageDisplay.get_tk_widget().pack()
   #add toolbar
   toolbar = NavigationToolbar2TkAgg(self.cvImageDisplay,rightPaneImageDisplay)
   toolbar.update()
   self.cvImageDisplay._tkcanvas.pack()

then in one of my functions, if I use :

   a = self.mplfImageDisplay.add_subplot(111)
   a.contourf(x,y,self.scanformatdata,100)    #cmap=mpl.cm.gray)
   self.cvImageDisplay.show()

This works fine, but now, I would like to display an image :

   a = mpl.image.FigureImage(na.asarray(self.scanformatdata))
   self.cvImageDisplay.show()

This works but I can rescale the image not zoom in using the toolbar, so I tried
instead :

   a = mpl.axes.Axes(self.mplfImageDisplay,[0.1,1,0.1,1])
   a.imshow(na.asarray(self.scanformatdata),interpolation='nearest')
   self.cvImageDisplay.show()

This does something but I don't know what since nothing is displayed...

Anyone has a clue ? Also, more generally speaking, I found quite extensive
documentation using the Pylab interface, but as soon as one moves away from
this (as when you need to if trying to embed in whatever backend, if i
understand well), then there doesn't exist much (?)... is there any source I
would have missed ?

All the best,

Aure