package needed to use Qt5Agg backend

Slavin, Jonathan
Hi,

I've been using matplotlib with the Qt5Agg backend on my desktop for some time now using conda. I'm also running on NASA HPC systems and wanting to do analysis on their system without copying my data over. They have matplotlib installed but apparently not the package needed to use Qt5Agg as a backend. Can anyone tell me what package they would need to install for Qt5Agg to work?

They use a module system (not to be confused with python modules!) whereby a whole set of packages are loaded (which I guess means that environment variables and paths are set) that make software available to use. This is common on high performance clusters.

Regards,
Jon

--
Jonathan D. Slavin
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division

Re: package needed to use Qt5Agg backend

Nathan-2
They'll need pyqt5:

When I had an account on a NASA HPC resource I found that it was generally much easier to just have a conda environment in my home folder (or if that got too big on a scratch disk). They do have pretty responsive help staff but even with that it's still a lot of effort to get them to change or update modules.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 1:32 PM Slavin, Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Nathan,

I wasn't sure I could do that, but they confirmed that I can. Seems like the easiest way.

Thanks,
Jon