Quantcast

new debian in science group

Bugzilla from arnd.baecker@web.de
Hi,

I thought it might be of interest to some that a
debian-science mailing list has been created.
Quoting debian-weekly:

  Debian Science Group. Helen Faulkner [14]announced the creation of the
  [15]debian-science mailing list. It is aimed to encourage discussions
  about how best to [16]use Debian as an operating system for scientific
  research and how to improve Debian by making it more useful to
  scientists and people working in related fields. It should also
  provide an address for scientists where they can ask questions about
  Debian or software in Debian and get useful answers.

   14. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/07/msg01555.html
   15. http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/
   16. http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianScience

Best,

Arnd

Re: new debian in science group

Rich Shepard
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Arnd Baecker wrote:

> I thought it might be of interest to some that a debian-science mailing
> list has been created. Quoting debian-weekly:

   It's unfortunate that the effort is distribution-specific. After all the
work to remove such differences from various distributions it's counter
productive to try to re-instate divisions. Perhaps others of us should
promote a Slackware-science group. Or, a Gentoo-science group.

   Silly.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Arnd Baecker wrote:
>
> > I thought it might be of interest to some that a debian-science mailing
> > list has been created. Quoting debian-weekly:
>
>    It's unfortunate that the effort is distribution-specific. After all the
> work to remove such differences from various distributions it's counter
> productive to try to re-instate divisions.

Have you actually read the part you snipped away in your reply?

> Perhaps others of us should
> promote a Slackware-science group. Or, a Gentoo-science group.

Just go ahead for slackware.
For Gentoo see:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/science/index.xml

>    Silly.