Quantcast

matplotlib v2.0.0b1

We tagged the first beta for v2.0.0 tonight.  Please check out the new defaults!

This is tagged as a beta because we anticipate a longer than normal release cycle.  The style changes are substantial and we want to make sure that we have not crippled any common use cases.  The target for the final release around scipy.

A build of the docs is available at http://matplotlib.org/2.0.0b1

Preview conda packages are available via

conda install -c conda-forge/label/rc -c conda-forge matplotlib

pre-release packages should be on pypi tomorrow.

Brief release notes:

This previews the new default style and many bug-fixes.  A full list of
the style changes will be collected for the final release.

In addition to the style change this release includes:
 - overhaul of font handling/text rendering to be faster and clearer
 - many new rcParams
 - Agg based OSX backend
 - optionally deterministic SVGs
 - complete re-write of image handling code
 - simplified color conversion
 - specify colors in the global property cycle via `'C0'`,
   `'C1'`... `'C9'`
 - use the global property cycle more places (bar, stem, scatter)

There is a 'classic' style sheet which reproduces the 1.Y defaults:

   import matplotlib.style as mstyle
   mstyle.use('classic')

A big thank you to everyone who worked on this release.

Re: matplotlib v2.0.0b1

Matthew Brett
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We tagged the first beta for v2.0.0 tonight.  Please check out the new
> defaults!
>
> This is tagged as a beta because we anticipate a longer than normal release
> cycle.  The style changes are substantial and we want to make sure that we
> have not crippled any common use cases.  The target for the final release
> around scipy.

You should now be able to get this release on OSX or Linux with:

python -m pip install --upgrade pip  # upgrade pip to latest
pip install --pre matplotlib

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: [Matplotlib-users] matplotlib v2.0.0b1

python -m pip install --upgrade pip  # upgrade pip to latest
pip install --pre matplotlib

Should now work on all platforms.

Tom

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 6:31 PM Skip Montanaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A build of the docs is available at http://matplotlib.org/2.0.0b1

Thanks. Is there a "What's New" page in the docs? Or maybe an upgrade
guide which identifies incompatibilities with 1.5?

Skip Montanaro
who still remembers John Hunter's interview presentation at TradeLink,
lo these many years ago...

Re: matplotlib v2.0.0b1

ronrogers
It has new default style and many bug-fixes.  A full list of the style changes will be collected for the final release. This is tagged as a beta because we anticipate a longer than normal release cycle.  The style changes are substantial.If the students are reading the custom essay writing service review then they can easily understand the overall structure of the writing resources.