Quantcast

mailing list archive broken ?

Pierre Haessig
Hi,

Is it just my web browser getting crazy or is there a real issue with
the ML archive on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=matplotlib-users

I only see email records until July 16th 2012 !!

If there is another ML archive website in better shape, it would be
worth updating the link on matplotlib.org front page
("Documentation/need help?" section)

Best,
Pierre

Re: mailing list archive broken ?

Phil Elson-2

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for raising this (sorry we haven't got back to you sooner).

The mailing list isn't dead, but the archiving link certainly makes it look like it is. I've just submitted a pull request (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/1540) to get the mpl docs to link to the nabble archive instead (http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/matplotlib-users-f3.html).

FYI There are a couple of topics related to this which I will raise in the mpl-devel mailing list sortly.

Thanks,

Phil

On 4 October 2012 08:55, Pierre Haessig <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is it just my web browser getting crazy or is there a real issue with
the ML archive on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=matplotlib-users

I only see email records until July 16th 2012 !!

If there is another ML archive website in better shape, it would be
worth updating the link on matplotlib.org front page
("Documentation/need help?" section)

Best,
Pierre

Re: mailing list archive broken ?

Pierre Haessig
Hi Phil,

Le 28/11/2012 12:58, Phil Elson a écrit :
I've just submitted a pull request (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/1540) to get the mpl docs to link to the nabble archive instead (http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/matplotlib-users-f3.html).
Great ! I'm not so familiar with the nabble archive service, but at first glance it looks way better than sourceforge (beyond the fact their archiving service is pretty dead ;-) ).

Best,
Pierre