import problems matplotlib.transforms, matplotlib.numerix

import problems matplotlib.transforms, matplotlib.numerix

Izabel Cvetković
Hi all,

I am having troubles importing from matplotlib.transforms, specifically the Value and Point methods. Other than that I cannot import matplotlib.numerix, the error message is: no module named 'matplotlib.numerix'. Now, I assume that this has to do with the matplotlib version, as I am using the latest version, and when I checked, there are indeed no 'Value' and 'Point' methods in the transforms module.

Does anyone know how this changed with versions and which version should I use to successfully import these modules?

Best wishes;
Izabel

Re: import problems matplotlib.transforms, matplotlib.numerix

Eric Firing
Izabel,

You must be trying to run some extremely old code, more than 12 years
old.  Value and Point date back to the earliest days of mpl (the
original _transforms.cpp written by John Hunter), and the numerix module
was a compatibility shim for supporting the original Numeric and
numarray, which were made obsolete by numpy.  (I removed numerix in
2010; it had been deprecated for 17 months.)

Eric