Quantcast

how to create a double-sided arrow of arbitrary width with matplotlib's annotate(...) method?

how to create a double-sided arrow of arbitrary width with matplotlib's annotate(...) method?

Tanim Islam-3
Hello,

Does anyone have a one-method annotate(...) example to create a double-sided arrow, of arbitrary width? I was able to do so but only by hacking together two one-sided annotate(...) methods.

Tanim Islam

Re: how to create a double-sided arrow of arbitrary width with matplotlib's annotate(...) method?

Eric Firing
Tanim,

I haven't seen any replies on the list; did you get replies directly to
yourself?  If there is already a good answer to your question, please
forward it to the list in case someone else searches for the same thing.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.  Maybe if you show the
result of your "hack" it would be clear.

Did you try using something like
arrowstyle="fancy,head_length=0.4,head_width=0.4,tail_width=0.4"
as an entry in the arrowprops dict keyword argument to annotate?  That
lets you control the width. See
http://matplotlib.org/examples/pylab_examples/annotation_demo2.html.

Eric