feedback request - plot_surface()/plot_wireframe()

feedback request - plot_surface()/plot_wireframe()

Benjamin Root
Hello all,

I am doing a "style change" for v2.0 with the long reviled rstride/cstride arguments to plot_surface(). No, I am not changing the default to 1. But I am adding two new arguments: "rcount/ccount" to allow users to specify the maximum number of evenly spaced samples to take from the input data. rcount and ccount will be the default sampling method for plot_surface() (unless the 'classic' mode is turned on).

As I was putting together this PR, I remembered that plot_wireframe() also takes rstride/cstride, so it makes sense to add the rcount/ccount feature to it as well. However, the question I pose to the users: "should rcount/ccount be the new sampling method in plot_wireframe()?"

I would appreciate any and all feedback on this question.

Cheers!