custom fonts in matplotlib graphs

Matthew Bradley
Hi all:

I’ve added a courier.ttf file to my font library and included the font in the matplotlibrc file in my site packages and rebuilt the cache file. I still get an error message that the font can’t be found and I can’t find any system or matplotlib cache files using the finder to delete them. Have any of you encountered this problem? How can I get matplotlib to recognize my new font.

System information:
Matplotlib 2.2.02
Mac OS El Capitan
Python 3.6
And I have the .ttf file in both my system font library and in the matplotlib font library

Thanks!

--
Matthew Bradley

Re: custom fonts in matplotlib graphs

tcaswell
The font cache is in `~/.cache/matplotlib`

How are you specifying the font to be used?

Tom