Unzoom problem in 2.1.0

Stuart Mentzer
Hello,

I have a Pyside application (using Qt4Agg backend) that does line and
spectral/contour plots.
After updating to 2.1.0 "unzooming" via the back toolbar button or
right-click won't always
return to the "home" view. It is not consistent but the problem appears
regularly. It is as
though the zoom stack is losing entries off the end.

My attempts to reproduce this in a small (non-Pyside) pyplot example that I
could submit
as a bug haven't been successful yet. I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing
this or has an
idea on how best to isolate the problem.

Thanks,
Stuart

--
Sent from: http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/matplotlib-users-f3.html

Re: Unzoom problem in 2.1.0

Benjamin Root
Stuart,

right clicks? Did you add a callback for handling right-clicks? I don't think matplotlib does anything (unless you are talking about using the right mouse button to create an "unzoom" box?)

Ben Root

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 11:32 PM, Stuart Mentzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ben,

There is a signal connection set up to call the toolbar's back() method on
right clicks. Using right-click to unzoom is a common plotting UI (e.g., in
Qwt) so we set that up. That is not the problem here.

Both right-click and clicking the back button on the toolbar display the
same buggy behavior I describe.

Thanks,
Stuart

--