ToolManager

jni

ToolManager

jni
Hi,

I’m trying to add elements to the matplotlib toolbar *using the Qt5 backend*. I tried running this example code:

But unfortunately it fails when using Qt5 with the error

    fig.canvas.manager.toolmanager.add_tool('List', ListTools)
AttributeError: 'FigureManagerQT' object has no attribute ‘toolmanager'

Is toolmanager only available for GTK? Is there an equivalent way of achieving what the script is doing in other backends?

Thanks,

Juan.

jni

Re: ToolManager

tcaswell
Juan,

Support for the toolmanager shipped in Matplotlib 2.2!  Hopefully this will work now.

Tom

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 7:20 PM Juan Nunez-Iglesias <[hidden email]> wrote:
If anyone can find time to respond to this, I promise a PR to the docs explaining the solution…!

On 13 Nov 2017, 6:09 PM +1100, Juan Nunez-Iglesias <[hidden email]>, wrote:
Hi,

I’m trying to add elements to the matplotlib toolbar *using the Qt5 backend*. I tried running this example code:

But unfortunately it fails when using Qt5 with the error

    fig.canvas.manager.toolmanager.add_tool('List', ListTools)
AttributeError: 'FigureManagerQT' object has no attribute ‘toolmanager'

Is toolmanager only available for GTK? Is there an equivalent way of achieving what the script is doing in other backends?

Thanks,

Juan.

jni

Re: ToolManager