Ten Simple Rules for Better Figures

Nicolas Rougier

Hi all,

I'm very pleased to announce the publication of a paper I've written with Michael Droettboom and Philip E. Bourne.

Ten Simple Rules for Better Figures
Nicolas P. Rougier, Michael Droettboom, Philip E. Bourne
PLOS Computational Biology

All the figures have been made using matplotlib and sources are available from:

https://github.com/rougier/ten-rules

We even managed to use the XKCD filter !
Thanks a lot for this great library.

Nicolas

Ten Simple Rules for Better Figures (update)

Nicolas Rougier

Now in Nature as well:
http://www.nature.com/news/how-to-dodge-the-pitfalls-of-bad-illustrations-1.15999

Nicolas