Quantcast

Subplot x-axis shared with other subplots y-axis

jni

Subplot x-axis shared with other subplots y-axis

jni
Hello,

I’m trying to build an orthogonal-views volume viewer in Matplotlib like this one:

For this to work, I need to share the y-axis of the YZ (right) view/subplot with the x-axis of the XZ (bottom) view/subplot. Is this possible?

Juan.

Re: Subplot x-axis shared with other subplots y-axis

tcaswell
There are callbacks that fire when the limits are changed.  See

for an example.

This is probably the best route to go down as you can do other interesting things as the event goes by (like triggering computation, updating a openGL view window, etc) as well as updating the Matplotlib limits.

Tom