Re: QtQuick backend development

jmitrevs
Hi,

Actually I put the qtquick backend in a separate package for now:

https://pypi.org/project/matplotlib-backend-qtquick/

That might be the best way to do this. Anyway, I am not an expert in
either matplotlib or Qt, just a user, so please give me any
recommendations if you have them.

Jovan

Re: QtQuick backend development

Antony Lee-4
Hi,
I don't know much (or anything) about qtquick, but am reasonably familiar with the qt5 backend.  It looks like there's a decent amount of duplication between the two backends; I guess it may be possible to merge the two with a relatively small amount of changes to the qt5 backend? in which case this would be reasonable.  Especially if this is only intended for embedded use (I guess pyplot wouldn't make much sense?), so you just need to expose the canvas and toolbar classes.
Cheers,
Antony