Range Slider?

Dieter Werthmüller
Hi matplotlib users,

Matplotlib has the Slider-widget (matplotlib.widgets.Slider).

Is there a way to achieve a range-slider, hence to have a slider where
you can drag from both sides and therefore get two values, the minimum
and the maximum. For instance as it is implemented in the Jupyter
widgets, see
https://ipywidgets.readthedocs.io/en/stable/examples/Widget%20List.html#IntRangeSlider

Thanks,
Dieter

Re: Range Slider?

tcaswell
Does not appear to be one, but a PR would be welcome to add one!

I am not sure if that will actually be easy to add though (as the single-ended slider does not have a notion of 'end' yet or a thumb).   The way we achieve this functionality in the subplot tool is to have two sliders (one for the top and one for the bottom) with linked callbacks.

Tom