[REL] Matplotlib v2.0.1

Happy to announce the only slightly delayed release of 2.0.1, the first bug fix release for 2.0.x series.  Source and wheels are an pypi and conda packages are available from the conda forge channel

   pip install --upgrade matplotlib

or

   conda install matplotlib -c conda-forge

This release includes bug fixes, documentation updates and one major change.

API

 - Do not clip the linewidth used for dash pattern scaling.  This is
   an API change, but is a major improvement.
 - Deprecate 'vega' color names in favor of 'tab'.

Bug Fixes

 - Hatching color follows edge color again.
 - Fixes a critical bug with masked images.
 - Improved high-dpi support for Qt5.
 - Log ticking no never skip minor ticks
 - Do not skip points surrounded by nan/inf in vector outputs.

Supported versions of Python

 - 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
 - Patches to improve compatibility with pypy

Many thanks to everyone who helped with this release!

Thanks to Mathew Brett and Christoph Gohlke for building the wheels.

Re: [REL] Matplotlib v2.0.1 seems to break Qt4Agg

Neal Becker

Re: [REL] Matplotlib v2.0.1 seems to break Qt4Agg

tcaswell
This has already been fixed on 2.0.x (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/8559).

A 2.0.2 release will be coming shortly, going to give it a few days to see if there is anything else that should be fixed asap.

Sorry about this (I put the broken code in).

Tom

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:09 AM Neal Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/8563

Re: [REL] Matplotlib v2.0.1

Alexander Heger-2
as I think has been noticed, the hatch colour in the legend is still broken.