Quantcast

Python 2.6 installer for Windows?

Tung Wai Yip
Hello all,

I find that Matplotlib only have Python 2.5 build for Windows. Is there
any plan to release a 2.6 build soon? I am trying to build it from source
but I run into numerous problem. I am still struggling to find all
dependent packages. It will help a lot if the 2.6 installer is available.

Thanks,

Wai Yip

Re: Python 2.6 installer for Windows?

Adam Mercer
On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 16:59, Wai Yip Tung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I find that Matplotlib only have Python 2.5 build for Windows. Is there
> any plan to release a 2.6 build soon? I am trying to build it from source
> but I run into numerous problem. I am still struggling to find all
> dependent packages. It will help a lot if the 2.6 installer is available.

AFAIK matplolib doesn't support python-2.6 yet, as NumPy doesn't.
NumPy is expected to get python-2.6 support in the 1.3 release, so I
imagine matplotlib will support python-2.6 in a release following the
NumPy-1.3 release.

Cheers

Adam

Re: Python 2.6 installer for Windows?

Patrick Marsh-2
I have built matplotlib (and numpy since it is required for
matplotlib) with python2.6.  Please note that these are UNSUPPORTED
and you use them at your own risk.  They were built from the 9
February 2009 SVN so use at your own risk.  You will have to install
numpy first and matplotlib second.  I would also recommend installing
WxPython before installing matplotlib since there are some bugs using
Tkinter with matplotlib on python2.6.  I've been too busy to try and
track it down.

http://code.patricktmarsh.com/builds/

-Patrick

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Wai Yip Tung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I find that Matplotlib only have Python 2.5 build for Windows. Is there
> any plan to release a 2.6 build soon? I am trying to build it from source
> but I run into numerous problem. I am still struggling to find all
> dependent packages. It will help a lot if the 2.6 installer is available.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wai Yip

Patrick Marsh
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma
http://www.patricktmarsh.com

Re: Python 2.6 installer for Windows?

eliben
Adam Mercer wrote
On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 16:59, Wai Yip Tung <tungwaiyip@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I find that Matplotlib only have Python 2.5 build for Windows. Is there
> any plan to release a 2.6 build soon? I am trying to build it from source
> but I run into numerous problem. I am still struggling to find all
> dependent packages. It will help a lot if the 2.6 installer is available.

AFAIK matplolib doesn't support python-2.6 yet, as NumPy doesn't.
NumPy is expected to get python-2.6 support in the 1.3 release, so I
imagine matplotlib will support python-2.6 in a release following the
NumPy-1.3 release.

Cheers

Adam
NumPy 1.3 has been released, with pre-built win32 binaries for Python 2.6 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1369&package_id=175103).

Does this affect the plans to build matplotlib for py2.6 on win32 as well? Is there a roadmap?

Thanks in advance