Plot of array of shape (N,N,N) in form of sphere

Plot of array of shape (N,N,N) in form of sphere

cdpnepal
Dear All,

I have an array of shape (N,N,N) of intensity values. How can I plot those intensity values in form of sphere.
Can I show a cut of quadrant of that sphere, so that I can visualize intensity not only on the surface but also inside the sphere.

Thanks

Re: Plot of array of shape (N,N,N) in form of sphere

empet
Here is a notebook that illustrates how to work with volumetric data in Plotly:
http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/empet/Plotly-plots/blob/master/Plotly-Slice-in-volumetric-data.ipynb
Another possibility is to define a slice in a volume as a triangulated isosurface, via skimage.measure.marching_cubes.

Em