Officially passing the baton to Thomas Caswell

Officially passing the baton to Thomas Caswell

Michael Droettboom-2
All,

This e-mail is just to announce and make explicit what has already been the case in reality for quite some time (since at least summer of 2016): that the leadership of the matplotlib project is in the very capable hands of Thomas Caswell.  His ability to manage such a high velocity of issues and pull requests is beyond astonishing, and he's brought the project forward in ways that seemed remote when my involvement tapered off.  Thomas remains a pleasure and inspiration to work with and I know John would be proud of how is creation is being shepherded.

As part of formalizing this, there is a pull request to bring the matplotlib governance document draft into effect here: https://github.com/matplotlib/governance/pull/3

Best of luck, and keep up the good work, everyone!

Michael Droettboom