Need help from less experienced or new contributor

Need help from less experienced or new contributor

Rushikesh Padia

Is there any less experienced or new contributor who just started contributing to this project ? Please respond.

Re: Need help from less experienced or new contributor

David Goldsmith
No, not inappropriate per se, but given your motivation, you may want to post (and subscribe) to matplotlib-devel instead/also.  Also, if you "dig around" at the main site--matplotlib.org--I think you'll be able to find a history of the package (if not, pretty sure Wikipedia has one), and definitely contributor guidance (e.g., https://matplotlib.org/devel/gitwash/development_workflow.html?highlight=history and https://matplotlib.org/devel/gitwash/maintainer_workflow.html?highlight=history, both of which I found by entering "history" into the home page search box; however, both of those results are "advanced," so dig around more for "how to get started" and "style and documentation guidlines").  Happy hunting, and thanks for being interested in contributing!

DLG

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Rushikesh Padia <[hidden email]> wrote:

Actually I am a beginner and inexperienced. I want to know how did they start and what are they working on and how are they working.
I am new to this, was my mail inappropriate ?

On 30-Nov-2017 2:55 am, "David Goldsmith" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please define "less experienced."  Why do you ask?