Need guidance to start

Rushikesh Padia

I am computer science undergraduate. I have basic understanding of c, c++, python .I would like to do some contribution to this project. This would be my first open source project. Can anyone please guide me which part I can work and how to start.

Re: Need guidance to start

tcaswell
Rushikesh,

The best place to start is http://matplotlib.org/devdocs/devel/contributing.html which covers how we use git / github for development.

We have a 'new contributor friendly' tag https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Anew-contributor-friendly of issues we think are good entry points for new contributors.

Please ask any questions either here or on https://gitter.im/matplotlib/matplotlib

Tom