[Matplotlib-devel] v2.1 schedule

We are currently waiting on 2 PR (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/9199 and  https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/9068 ) and then I will cut 2.1 tonight.

It will probably take a few more days to finish writing up the release notes and some final edits to the rst files.

Re: v2.1 schedule

Matthew Brett
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We are currently waiting on 2 PR
> (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/9199 and
> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/9068 ) and then I will cut 2.1
> tonight.
>
> It will probably take a few more days to finish writing up the release notes
> and some final edits to the rst files.

Sorry to ask - but where did we get to on the subprocess32 problem?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: v2.1 schedule

tcaswell
Still at an impasse with the subprocess32 dev.

We are between:

 - document the known issues (meaning wheel-installing mac users have to install xcode and people on very old linux need to install from the subprocess32 master branch, and general linux users need to have a gcc installed)
 - hope subprocess32 does a release and adopts Matthew's wheels soon

I am pretty strongly -1 on vendoring it and -0 on publishing a mpl-subprocess32 wheel.

Tom