[Matplotlib-devel] v2.0.0rc1 is tagged

I have just finished tagging rc1!

Holding off on uploading to pypi and announcing to the user lists until wheels are ready for the three big platform.  The wheels have been started on conda-forge.

Thanks again to everyone who has worked on this.  We are definitely converging!

Re: v2.0.0rc1 is tagged

Nelle Varoquaux
Yeah !!!
Thanks so much for taking care of the release once again.

On Dec 4, 2016 8:48 PM, "Thomas Caswell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

I have just finished tagging rc1!

Holding off on uploading to pypi and announcing to the user lists until wheels are ready for the three big platform.  The wheels have been started on conda-forge.

Thanks again to everyone who has worked on this.  We are definitely converging!

Re: v2.0.0rc1 is tagged

Sandro Tosi-4
thanks Thomas!

I've uploaded the RC1 to debian experimental in order to check what's
the buildability status of all those weird architectures we support
and also because i would like to understand your plan about a release.

Debian is about to freeze to prepare the next stable release, named
stretch (we should consider the end of January as the last date i can
upload a package for it to be released in stretch, but it's wiser to
upload earlier to avoid any surprise)

I would be totally fine to release with a RC of matplotlib if a final
release wont be out by that time, but what do you think? currently we
have 1.5.3 in stretch; do you think a final 2.0.0 is possible for the
early Jan?

thanks!

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have just finished tagging rc1!
>
> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/releases/tag/v2.0.0rc1
>
> Holding off on uploading to pypi and announcing to the user lists until
> wheels are ready for the three big platform.  The wheels have been started
> on conda-forge.
>
> Thanks again to everyone who has worked on this.  We are definitely
> converging!
>
> Tom

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandroTosi

Re: v2.0.0rc1 is tagged

tcaswell
The goal is late December / early January, but we have not been great about hitting those recently.  I can definitely promise an rc2 with some bug fixes that got merged in the past week or so.

We have gotten relatively little feedback which either means things are working fine or no one is trying out the rc.

Tom

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 7:53 PM Sandro Tosi <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks Thomas!

I've uploaded the RC1 to debian experimental in order to check what's
the buildability status of all those weird architectures we support
and also because i would like to understand your plan about a release.

Debian is about to freeze to prepare the next stable release, named
stretch (we should consider the end of January as the last date i can
upload a package for it to be released in stretch, but it's wiser to
upload earlier to avoid any surprise)

I would be totally fine to release with a RC of matplotlib if a final
release wont be out by that time, but what do you think? currently we
have 1.5.3 in stretch; do you think a final 2.0.0 is possible for the
early Jan?

thanks!

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have just finished tagging rc1!
>
> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/releases/tag/v2.0.0rc1
>
> Holding off on uploading to pypi and announcing to the user lists until
> wheels are ready for the three big platform.  The wheels have been started
> on conda-forge.
>
> Thanks again to everyone who has worked on this.  We are definitely
> converging!
>
> Tom

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandroTosi

Re: v2.0.0rc1 is tagged

Sandro Tosi-4
Hey there!

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 8:37 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The goal is late December / early January, but we have not been great about
> hitting those recently.

gentle ping to check the status of the final release - do you think we
are still in a good position to release in early/mid Jan? thanks!