Quantcast

[Matplotlib-devel] repo for talk / tutorial material

[Matplotlib-devel] repo for talk / tutorial material

I think it would be good to collect material for all the talks we give about Matplotlib in one place.

I have started by putting all of the material for the talks I have given in the last 2 years or so in https://github.com/tacaswell/presentations (I am still losing to the table markup in the README :( )

The two talks from 2016 (which are almost the same) may be good starting points for people who want to give a talk about mpl 2.0!

If people think this is a good idea I will move it into the matplotlib org.

I would further propose that the merge criteria for this repo is 'talk was actually given and author wants to submit material'.

Re: repo for talk / tutorial material

tcaswell
I would deal with that via links from the README (to first order).  That is the least maintenance, meaning it is the least likely to end up wrong ;)  We should also consider moving Anatomy of Matplotlib into the org (assuming Ben is game).

The pydata dc tutorial I dumped in there also has it's own existing repo (hesitate to call it 'established') and I have gone back-and-forth on this issue.

Tom