[Matplotlib-devel] py.test can't find ft2font

[Matplotlib-devel] py.test can't find ft2font

swfiua@gmail.com
I am trying to get tests passing again for this pull request:

They are failing due to differences in the images the latest code is generating.

The tests themselves advise me to build with "local_freetype=True" in setup.cfg  and I am doing this.

I am building/installing matplotlib with:

    python3.6 setup.py build

and

    python3.6 setup.py install --user

If I fire up python3.6 then

    from matplotlib import ft2font

works just fine.

But when I run py.test it fails to find it.

Curiously,

python3.6 -m matplotlib.ft2font

is also unable to find ft2font.

John