[Matplotlib-devel] phone call notes 2017-03-20

[Matplotlib-devel] phone call notes 2017-03-20

On the call were my self, Nellev, dopplershift, efiring, and anntzer.

We went over the issues tagged as critical for 2.0.1.

 - There are still issues with imshow + transforms that need to be resolved
 - discussion about https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/8111 see notes on issue
 - discussion about https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/8017 to be solved by making shim always use mathdefault.  Keep the function in place because we don't understand all of the mathtext.py code well enough to be sure we will never want to put conditionals in there again.

I think having a 2.0.1rc1 out middle of next week is feasible.

Re: phone call notes 2017-03-20

Nelle Varoquaux

On 20 March 2017 at 13:24, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

On the call were my self, Nellev, dopplershift, efiring, and anntzer.

We went over the issues tagged as critical for 2.0.1.

 - There are still issues with imshow + transforms that need to be resolved
 - discussion about https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/8111 see notes on issue
 - discussion about https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/8017 to be solved by making shim always use mathdefault.  Keep the function in place because we don't understand all of the mathtext.py code well enough to be sure we will never want to put conditionals in there again.

I think having a 2.0.1rc1 out middle of next week is feasible.

Do we need to do a rc? It seems we don't really get feedback on rc, and this is a micro release so maybe we can skip it?
It'd be less work for us :)