Quantcast

[Matplotlib-devel] matplotlib versus Matplotlib?

[Matplotlib-devel] matplotlib versus Matplotlib?

Nelle Varoquaux
Hi everyone,

important question of the day… Is it matplotlib or Matplotlib?
I remember having this discussion with Mike at scipy 2013 and I sort
of recall that matplotlib was the correct capitalization.
I personally much prefer Matplotlib, but either way, we should make a
decision and stick to it.

The 2005 paper (http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/2005ASPC..347...91B)
seems to point with lower case matplotlib.

Once we formally agree, I'll update #7387 correspondingly.

Re: matplotlib versus Matplotlib?

Matthew Brett
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Nelle Varoquaux
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> important question of the day… Is it matplotlib or Matplotlib?
> I remember having this discussion with Mike at scipy 2013 and I sort
> of recall that matplotlib was the correct capitalization.
> I personally much prefer Matplotlib, but either way, we should make a
> decision and stick to it.
>
> The 2005 paper (http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/2005ASPC..347...91B)
> seems to point with lower case matplotlib.

I believe standard grammatical rules would suggest Matplotlib, as it's
a proper noun.

Best,

Matthew

Re: matplotlib versus Matplotlib?

tcaswell
Due to some off-line discussions, the consensus seems to be on Matplotlib in text.

Tom