[Matplotlib-devel] image tests fail locally on my OSX system

[Matplotlib-devel] image tests fail locally on my OSX system

Eric Firing
On my normal environment, OSX 10.12.6 on a Macbook Pro Retina, I am
getting multiple image test failures that are *not* just the usual
freetype problems.  (I am using 'export MPLLOCALFREETYPE=1' in my
.bashrc.)  The failures are most visible in the diffs of the spectrum plots.

Is anyone else seeing this, or are others on OSX able to get all of the
tests to pass?

Re: image tests fail locally on my OSX system

Jody Klymak
Hi Eric,

I’m on 10.13.2 and getting only an error in

```
lib/matplotlib/tests/test_font_manager.py ....F....

========================================================== FAILURES ==========================================================
_________________________________________________ test_get_fontconfig_fonts __________________________________________________

    @pytest.mark.skipif(not has_fclist, reason='no fontconfig installed')
    def test_get_fontconfig_fonts():
>       assert len(get_fontconfig_fonts()) > 1
E       assert 0 > 1
E        +  where 0 = len([])
E        +    where [] = get_fontconfig_fonts()

lib/matplotlib/tests/test_font_manager.py:88: AssertionError
============================================= 1 failed, 8 passed in 1.73 seconds =============================================
```

All other tests pass on Master for me.

Cheers,   Jody

> On Jan 7, 2018, at  12:24 PM, Eric Firing <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On my normal environment, OSX 10.12.6 on a Macbook Pro Retina, I am getting multiple image test failures that are *not* just the usual freetype problems.  (I am using 'export MPLLOCALFREETYPE=1' in my .bashrc.)  The failures are most visible in the diffs of the spectrum plots.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this, or are others on OSX able to get all of the tests to pass?
>
> Eric

Re: image tests fail locally on my OSX system

Eric Firing
Jody,

Are you installing natively, or in a conda environment?  (I'm doing
everything in a conda environment.)

Eric