[Matplotlib-devel] contract work?

Out of curiosity, who on this list is able and willing to do Matplotlib work on small/short-term contracts (either through NumFOCUS or directly from a company)?

Feel free to email me privately if you do not want to respond openly about this.

Re: contract work?

Paul Hobson-2
Tom,

Could elaborate a bit? Would NumFocus be the client? In other words, who would be writing and who would be receiving invoices?
-Paul

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:51 AM Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

Out of curiosity, who on this list is able and willing to do Matplotlib work on small/short-term contracts (either through NumFOCUS or directly from a company)?

Feel free to email me privately if you do not want to respond openly about this.

Re: contract work?

Ryan May-3
I'm able and interested.

Ryan

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 2:51 PM Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

Out of curiosity, who on this list is able and willing to do Matplotlib work on small/short-term contracts (either through NumFOCUS or directly from a company)?

Feel free to email me privately if you do not want to respond openly about this.

Ryan May

Re: contract work?

matplotlib - devel mailing list
If I think I understand you correctly, then yes, please let me know :)

Re: contract work?

Benjamin Root
Is this going to be like bug bounty work, or contract work to add specific features, or something more high-level than that?

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 9:25 PM OceanWolf via Matplotlib-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I think I understand you correctly, then yes, please let me know :)

Re: contract work?

tcaswell
Sorry for being cryptic.  For context Ryan May and my self are at the NumFOCUS sustainability workshop [1] and one of the themes is how to connect companies (who have problems the want solved, cash, but developers with knowledege to fix the problems) with developers (who know how to solve the problems, but may not have time or motivation to solve said problems).  Not everyone can take money for work (due to either contract or visia restrictions) so if a company came to me and said "We need issue XXX fixed, we can pay you $$", I do not know who I could direct that to.

At this point it is all very preliminary, there is currently no money on offer and I can see several ways to organize this (through NumFOCUS, through one of several companies (both US and EU based) with varying business models, and direct freelance work). I am just testing the waters and starting to build an internal list of people who are available.