[Matplotlib-devel] Where to look for current status / info about 2.0 release

[Matplotlib-devel] Where to look for current status / info about 2.0 release

jayryuusei@gmail.com
Hi everyone,

I apologize if this is a stupid question:
Is there a page online somewhere I can look to see the current status of the the 2.0 release? (in terms of bugs and/or features that still need fixing/implementing)

I see this page in the docs that shows the latest is beta 3 from today:

I ask for 2 reasons:
1. I'd be willing to help put in some hours programming if you all could use the help
2. I'm curious if for new code I am writing now I should just stick with 1.5 or if it is worth already transitioning to 2.0 and using the betas.

Thanks!
Jayson

Re: Where to look for current status / info about 2.0 release

Paul Hobson-2
Jay,

My understanding is that the 2.0 release is only backwards incompatible in the sense that the default aesthetics are changing. APIs will be consistent between 1.5.X and 2.0.X
-paul

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 9:54 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I apologize if this is a stupid question:
Is there a page online somewhere I can look to see the current status of the the 2.0 release? (in terms of bugs and/or features that still need fixing/implementing)

I see this page in the docs that shows the latest is beta 3 from today:

I ask for 2 reasons:
1. I'd be willing to help put in some hours programming if you all could use the help
2. I'm curious if for new code I am writing now I should just stick with 1.5 or if it is worth already transitioning to 2.0 and using the betas.

Thanks!
Jayson

Re: Where to look for current status / info about 2.0 release

jayryuusei@gmail.com
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. I thought it was more than that, so that is a good point to help me decide. I think I'll just stick to 1.5 then.

Thanks!

Jay

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016, 1:19 PM Paul Hobson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Federico Ariza-2

Big changes are coming for 2.1 (Mep27, Mep22, Mep23, ....)

Help is always welcome

Federico

On Aug 4, 2016 2:49 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

matplotlib - devel mailing list
But no API breaks with those big changes for now as we shall release them in 2.1 as opt-in, before changing them to opt-out, before finally deprecating the old API.  The changes that Federico talks about only relates to the user-interface API though.

Best,
OceanWolf