[Matplotlib-devel] Students of ASPP contributing to Matplotlib

[Matplotlib-devel] Students of ASPP contributing to Matplotlib

Nelle Varoquaux
Hello everyone,

A bit of a last minute heads up…
I'm at the advanced scientific programming in python summer school, and the instructor of the git & github lesson was looking for a package for students to do a small contribution (to see the workflow). As in 2016, I suggested small documentation changes to Matplotlib: we have selected 15 examples that could be improved, either in the title, either merging two examples that showcase similar, or just a better description.
This means you might see 15 pull requests appear on the Matplotlib repository, by people who have experience in scientific Python, but no experience in contributing to open-source software. The students are pair-programming, so the authors of commits of each the pull request might not reflect an actual developer. The changes should be minimal, and I expect to be able to review and merge pull requests fairly quickly if the CI passes. If not, help in reviewing and merging is appreciated (but don't feel obliged to)!

Thanks,
Nelle