[Matplotlib-devel] Strategy for 2.1.1 and 2.2

[Matplotlib-devel] Strategy for 2.1.1 and 2.2

Eric Firing
All,

There are outstanding bugs related to categoricals and to images, but
fixes are not trivial and may involve code and behavior changes that go
beyond what is ideal for a bug-fix release.  Therefore I recommend that
we release 2.1.1 based on what we have now, and try to get a 2.2 out
soon after.

Re: Strategy for 2.1.1 and 2.2

Benjamin Root
Perhaps put in warnings for those bad situations for v2.1.1 so that users know that they might be doing something ambiguous and the behavior may change?