Quantcast

[Matplotlib-devel] Regarding GSOC

Harshit Patni
Hi,

I am Harshit and I wish to be part of GSOC this year. I have gone through the list of project ideas and I am particularly interested in the "2d Color Maps". I am proficient with programming language Python. I have been part of matplotlib development community for past few weeks and have submitted few pull requests under the name patniharshit on github.Please guide me on how to proceed further with this project.

Thanks!!
Best Regards,
Harshit

Re: Regarding GSOC

Hannah
Hi!
If you haven't already, I'd suggest taking a look at the issues,  PRs, and mailing list posts having to do with colormapping, normalization, imshow/matshow and the like to get a feel for the work that's already been done and the discussions around this topic as it'll help you craft a better proposal. Feel free to ask questions here, on the specific issues, and the gitter.im channel as you stumble on them in the course of looking at this stuff.
-Hannah

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 1:24 PM, Harshit Patni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am Harshit and I wish to be part of GSOC this year. I have gone through the list of project ideas and I am particularly interested in the "2d Color Maps". I am proficient with programming language Python. I have been part of matplotlib development community for past few weeks and have submitted few pull requests under the name patniharshit on github.Please guide me on how to proceed further with this project.

Thanks!!
Best Regards,
Harshit

Re: Regarding GSOC

Hannah
There's a FuncNorm PR that touches on a lot of the same issues...might be worth checking out.

On Mar 10, 2017 3:39 PM, "Harshit Patni" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I am searching for things related to the ideas. Meanwhile if you could point me to something then it will be of great help.

Harshit

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Hannah <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Is there any previous discussion related to this project? I did a quick search in mailing list archives but couldn't find anything.

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Hannah <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Please follow the numfocus-gsoc instructions on posting your proposal.

On Mar 24, 2017 2:28 PM, "Harshit Patni" <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI,
I have created a basic proposal for a start. It is based on my understanding from previous discussions regarding the project and requires mentor's review. So where should I share it before making it public?