[Matplotlib-devel] NBAgg

mark
hi matplotlibers

I am using the NBAgg backend in jupyter notebooks

I notice that the option to choose the file format for a saved graphic
doesn't appear to be available.

This has been discussed:
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/3974#issuecomment-69525569

I have a use case for this, in that my plot is configured by a set of
IPywidgets, so the 'figure' isn't in scope for the normal user.

How much work would be involved in getting a format picker available as
part of the save icon for NBAgg?

Is this something I can help with? If so, a pointer or two into
relevant places in the code base would be very helpful.

much obliged
mark

Re: NBAgg

matplotlib - devel mailing list
Hey Mark,
As far as I know, we plan have this feature in 2.1, as part of MEP22 and MEP27 which refactors/reimagines the Toolbar and the FigureManager respectfully.  In these MEPs we create a consistent API, taking all matplotlib-related code out of the backend, so that they all work the same, so unless something goes disastrously wrong with this, this will solve your issue.

Best,
Oceanwolf