We tagged v2.2.2 (and v2.2.1) today, will rebulid the docs and make broader announcement once wheels are up.
REL: v2.2.2 LTS
The second bug-fix release of the v2.2 LTS series.
This release fixes a number of critical bugs from 2.2.0:
- restores matplotlib.verbose (fixing embedding in pycharm)
- preserve precision when color mapping small portions of data with
- fixes saving long movies with ffmpeg
- fixes UnbourdLocal error in contour labeling
- fixes import failure on python 3.4.0 and 3.4.1
- fixes compile time failures with clang on 32bit platforms
- fixes an icon in the Tk backends
- fixes several issues with Tables
- fixes expanding offset boxes with tight_layout
- revert changes to the font caching to avoid a possible bug in
- numerous docstring and documentation fixes
We have reverted the deprecation of `font_manager.TempCache`.
Due to an oversight v2.2.1 did not actually fix the first bullet point which we caught after we pushed the tag, but before uploading to pypi. At this point I do not think we should upload / officially release v2.2.1.
Thank you to everyone who worked on this release to fix the inevitable X.X.0 release bugs promptly!