[Matplotlib-devel] Matplotlib Finance Maintenance

[Matplotlib-devel] Matplotlib Finance Maintenance

dmcnick150
Hello!

What is involved in maintaining the matplotlib.finance module? I am a daily user of the module and consider myself to be an okay Python script writer, but I wonder if maintaining the module is beyond my skill.

Thanks for your consideration,
David McNickle

Sent from myMail for iOS

Re: Matplotlib Finance Maintenance

tcaswell
David,

Right now the primary maintenance tasks are to do an official release (create a tag, upload to pypi, contact various down-stream packagers to get packages built, etc).

Going forward, now that mpl-finance is split off of the main code base it can pick up dependencies, such as pandas, and develop an API that better fits what day-to-day users need.  Much of that API design / review would ultimately fall on the maintainer.

Tom