[Matplotlib-devel] Matplotlib 2.0.2

I just tagged 2.0.2

Critical bug fixes for 2.0.1

 - fixed Qt4 support
 - fixed LogFormatter
 - fixed hatched artists in legends
 - fixed segfault with large images

I will do a wider announcement, rebuild the docs, and upload to pypi once I have collected the wheels.

Re: Matplotlib 2.0.2

Sandro Tosi-4
Hey Thomas!
i'm considering to upgrade mpl from 2.0.0 in the upcoming debian
release to 2.0.2, but to do that i'd need a (detailed) list of all the
critical changes between 2.0.0 and 2.0.2; looking on the website i can
only find https://matplotlib.org/api/api_changes.html while --while
important-- does not include f.e. the changes mentioned in this email.

Do you have such a list? can i easily generate it?

thanks in advance!

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>

> I just tagged 2.0.2
>
> Critical bug fixes for 2.0.1
>
>  - fixed Qt4 support
>  - fixed LogFormatter
>  - fixed hatched artists in legends
>  - fixed segfault with large images
>

> I will do a wider announcement, rebuild the docs, and upload to pypi once I
> have collected the wheels.
>

> Tom

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandroTosi

Re: Matplotlib 2.0.2

tcaswell
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/releases is probably the best place for both 2.0.1 and 2.0.2.

This _should_ be on the website.

Tom

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:38 PM Sandro Tosi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Thomas!
i'm considering to upgrade mpl from 2.0.0 in the upcoming debian
release to 2.0.2, but to do that i'd need a (detailed) list of all the
critical changes between 2.0.0 and 2.0.2; looking on the website i can
only find https://matplotlib.org/api/api_changes.html while --while
important-- does not include f.e. the changes mentioned in this email.

Do you have such a list? can i easily generate it?

thanks in advance!

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Folks,
>

> I just tagged 2.0.2
>
> Critical bug fixes for 2.0.1
>
>  - fixed Qt4 support
>  - fixed LogFormatter
>  - fixed hatched artists in legends
>  - fixed segfault with large images
>

> I will do a wider announcement, rebuild the docs, and upload to pypi once I
> have collected the wheels.
>

> Tom

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandroTosi

Re: Matplotlib 2.0.2

Sandro Tosi-4
i may have looked too quickly and missed it - but that's something i
can work with, thanks Tom for the quick reply, as usual!

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/releases is probably the best place
> for both 2.0.1 and 2.0.2.
>
> This _should_ be on the website.
>
> Tom
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:38 PM Sandro Tosi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Thomas!
>> i'm considering to upgrade mpl from 2.0.0 in the upcoming debian
>> release to 2.0.2, but to do that i'd need a (detailed) list of all the
>> critical changes between 2.0.0 and 2.0.2; looking on the website i can
>> only find https://matplotlib.org/api/api_changes.html while --while
>> important-- does not include f.e. the changes mentioned in this email.
>>
>> Do you have such a list? can i easily generate it?
>>
>> thanks in advance!
>>
>> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Folks,
>> >

>> > I just tagged 2.0.2
>> >
>> > Critical bug fixes for 2.0.1
>> >
>> >  - fixed Qt4 support
>> >  - fixed LogFormatter
>> >  - fixed hatched artists in legends
>> >  - fixed segfault with large images
>> >

>> > I will do a wider announcement, rebuild the docs, and upload to pypi
>> > once I
>> > have collected the wheels.
>> >

>> > Tom

>> --
>> Sandro "morph" Tosi
>> My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
>> Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi
>> G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandroTosi

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandroTosi

Re: Matplotlib 2.0.2

tcaswell
To clarify a bit, I meant "it is not on the website, but should be" not "it is on the website but you did not see it" ;)

Tom