[Matplotlib-devel] How's progress with 1.5.2?

[Matplotlib-devel] How's progress with 1.5.2?

Matthew Brett
Hi,

A friend of mine was just asking about 1.5.2 - he needs some fixes
that landed after 1.5.1 for his own software package.

What's the current ETA?  Any tasks we less-experienced matplotlibbers
can help with?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: How's progress with 1.5.2?

matplotlib - devel mailing list
I still see 1 PR and 2 issues open for 1.5.2...
A problem?

Re: How's progress with 1.5.2?

Jens Nielsen
Down to 1 issue now which is not strictly a 1.5.2 issue since it's about providing manylinux  wheels for older versions

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Jens Nielsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Down to 1 issue now which is not strictly a 1.5.2 issue since it's about
> providing manylinux  wheels for older versions
>
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 at 10:04 OceanWolf via Matplotlib-devel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I still see 1 PR and 2 issues open for 1.5.2...
>> A problem?

I hate to ask - but - any more progress here?  Anything I can do?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: How's progress with 1.5.2?

Benjamin Root
we tagged v1.5.2.... but then a verbal bug report came in during the SciPy conference. We are trying to decide if we will tag a v1.5.3 or just retag v1.5.2 (nothing got pushed out yet).

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Benjamin Root <[hidden email]> wrote:
> we tagged v1.5.2.... but then a verbal bug report came in during the SciPy
> conference. We are trying to decide if we will tag a v1.5.3 or just retag
> v1.5.2 (nothing got pushed out yet).

I hate to be that guy - but any more progress here?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: How's progress with 1.5.2?

Eric Firing
On 2016/07/25 9:55 AM, Matthew Brett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Benjamin Root <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> we tagged v1.5.2.... but then a verbal bug report came in during the SciPy
>> conference. We are trying to decide if we will tag a v1.5.3 or just retag
>> v1.5.2 (nothing got pushed out yet).
>
> I hate to be that guy - but any more progress here?

I asked the same thing in a phone conference this morning. The answer is
that Thomas has been severely time-constrained, but there will be a
v1.5.3 to include a couple ipython-related fixes.

Eric

> Cheers,
>
> Matthew

Re: How's progress with 1.5.2?

Matthias BUSSONNIER
We're pushing IPython 5.0.1 / 5.1[1] forward as well with a couple of
bug fixes too,
plus we should have some fixes in ipykernel as well that should
prevent a few of the eventloop issues.

One of the questions we haven't addressed (not even sure if we opened
an issue for that) was whether to
insert an importhook in IPython that would print a warning for known
version of IPython/matplotlib[2] that have issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

[1] Not sure which version number yet, likely 5.1
[2] as well as one that prevent to use Jet. -- just kidding --