Quantcast

[Matplotlib-devel] GSoC 2017: Layout Manager

[Matplotlib-devel] GSoC 2017: Layout Manager

Kanchana Ranasinghe
Hi

I'm an electronics and telecommunications engineering student from University Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am interested in the matplotlib project Layout Manager.

I have done some work with python and am quite familiar with python and regular libraries like numpy, scipy. I have also been involved in some machine learning and computer vision related research at university, so I am familiar with contraint solvers as well as most common AI related algorithms.

I am going through the Cassowary library for now. I couldn't find the issues on the mailing list related to this. Could you share with me the detailed expectations of this project?

Also do let me know how else I can get involved for now.

Thank you.

With Regards
Kanchana Ranasinghe

Re: GSoC 2017: Layout Manager

Hannah
I'd suggest looking through the geometry manager labels (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22geometry+manager%22), but hopefully a developer more familiar with layout manager tasks can chime in.

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 5:11 AM, Kanchana Ranasinghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much. I did go through the issue tracker. Looking for related issues. I went through a few related to layouts and fonts. If you can guide me to any specific issues well related to this that would be really helpful.

Thank you again.

With Regards
Kanchana Ranasinghe

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Hannah <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, please check out the issue tracker at https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues