[Matplotlib-devel] GEOS installation for Basemap package

[Matplotlib-devel] GEOS installation for Basemap package

Ahlam Al Qasim
To whom it may concern,

I hope this email finds you well. I am trying to get the Basemap package on my mac, and have been following the instructions based on this webpage:  https://matplotlib.org/basemap/users/installing.html. I don't have GEOS already installed so I tried following steps on the website to download it with Basemap:

cd geos-3.3.3
export GEOS_DIR=<where you want the libs and headers to go>
# A reasonable choice on a Unix-like system is /usr/local, or
# if you don't have permission to write there, your home directory.
./configure --prefix=$GEOS_DIR
make; make install

However, I am getting errors at the third step (make; make install). Attached is a copy of what I get on my python console, if it helps. I think the error occurs when trying to create the /include directory, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm still new to python so any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Ahlam Al Qasim

python console.rtf (9K) Download Attachment