[Matplotlib-devel] Employer support of Matplotlib work

[Matplotlib-devel] Employer support of Matplotlib work

Does anyone have dedicated time or explicit permission to work on Matplotlib as part of your employment (I have 10%)?

Feel free to respond to just me if you are not comfortable posting this publicly.

Re: Employer support of Matplotlib work

Declan Valters
I'm considering asking my employer about this since matplotlib is so fundamental to what we do. I'm a software engineer for a Earth science department at a University, and we're huge users of matplotlib (well - the researchers are - but my job description is to help them write code and maintain software tools used by the dept.

I would love to have proper 'work hours' to devote to something like matplotlib, so I'm interested in seeing where this thread goes.

On 12 June 2018 at 18:15, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

Does anyone have dedicated time or explicit permission to work on Matplotlib as part of your employment (I have 10%)?

Feel free to respond to just me if you are not comfortable posting this publicly.

Re: Employer support of Matplotlib work

Paul Ivanov-2
Hi Tom,

yes, I have explicit permission without a dedicated time percentage. I will now make an effort to make that a non-zero percentage.

best,
pi

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Thomas Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

Does anyone have dedicated time or explicit permission to work on Matplotlib as part of your employment (I have 10%)?

Feel free to respond to just me if you are not comfortable posting this publicly.

                   _
                  / \