Folks are welcome to take a look and add items for next week’s agenda (if there is an Easter Monday meeting). If the file doesn’t get too unwieldly, there was general agreement that Paper was a decent way to keep notes and an agenda, at least for now.
Notes: 26 Mar 2018
• Antony, Hannah, Ryan, Jody
• issues with extra ticks outside viewlims. Antony said they were due to roundoff errors.
• maybe trim at Locator level.
• deprecate not visible:
• ticker.Locator would all need to change
• deprecate out of range ticks first, and then expect proper list
• epsilon out of viewlims? Keep those.
• ticks and lines top and bottom: individual lines for each ticks.
• overhaul, single line for top and bottom ticks. LineCollection for grids.
• back compatibility? Custom Axes subclass with new Axis subclass….
• each line call is slow (units support).
• speed benefit?
• can’t manipulate individual tick visibility.
• https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/10841 • https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/9801 • General agreement locator
• General agreement formatter:
• needs way to get old beghaviour
• useful for teaching/default
• @Antony L suggested naming convention
• Alias AutoFormatter to current MPLXYDateFormatter
• Document “We reserve right to change formatter”
• deprecate old linear scalar formatter?
• localization of month
• Check if way?