[Matplotlib-devel] 2.2 LTS backport policy

[Matplotlib-devel] 2.2 LTS backport policy

I propose the following criteria for backporting PRs to the 2.2.x branch.  We always will backport

 - critical bug fixes (segfault, failure to import, things that the user can not work around)
 - fixes for regressions against 2.0 or 2.1

Everything else (regressions against 1.x versions, bugs/api inconsistencies the user can work around in their code) are on a case-by-case basis, should be low-risk, and need someone to advocate for and shepherd through the backport.

Thoughts?