Matplotlib 2 LTS EOL Versions?

matplotlib - users mailing list
Good morning,

I am trying to figure out what versions of Matplotlib 2 LTS are end-of-life and if so, what dates these versions became EOL. If there is somewhere this information is stored, please let me know.

Thanks

Re: Matplotlib 2 LTS EOL Versions?

tcaswell
We do not plan to make any further 2.2.x releases as support ended with upstream support for Python 2.7 in Jan 2020.  The final release in the 2.2 LTS series was

This is the policy that we announced with the release of 2.2.0 https://discourse.matplotlib.org/t/ann-matplotlib-2-2-0-released/20227 .

We typically only commit to providing patch releases to the most recently released minor version (currently 3.3.x, soon to be 3.4.x).  In the extraordinary circumstances we would consider issuing patch releases for older versions.  I do not see us doing another LTS (as that was driven by wanting to support users on py27 for as long as py27 was supported).

Responding to this I noticed we have not dropped 2.2.x from our list of active branches (which I am working on doing now!).  This should be documented at https://matplotlib.org/devel/coding_guide.html#current-branches .

Tom