Malware Detected While Attempting to Download Matplotlib

Malware Detected While Attempting to Download Matplotlib

Rene
Hi All,

I am attempting to download matplotlib, however, my computer constantly shuts down the process, stating that windows defender has detected malware in the file. This has happened when downloading a .whl as well as just trying to install using pip install matplotlib. I am assuming that the file is safe and that i can bypass the windows defender, however, i would like to verify that before doing so.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening or suggestions on what would be best to do would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rene