John Hunter Matplotlib Summer Fellowship 2018

John Hunter Matplotlib Summer Fellowship 2018

We are happy to announce that we will be supporting a summer student to work on Matplotlib this summer!  The student will be writing a Matplotlib based renderer for Altair and primarily mentored by Hannah.

Altair is a declarative statistical visualization library for Python, based on Vega and Vega-Lite. Currently Altair charts can only be rendered in the browser, so we are looking for a student to write a Matplotlib based renderer for Altair. This renderer would take in Altair objects and produce Matplotlib objects for integration with existing tools and to generate publication-quality figures.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume/CV to [hidden email] by May 4, 2018.

Please distribute this to your networks!